I am on the phone with Roger Hector now. He explains;
“I did that at Atari right after I arrived in the summer of 1976. I had a small office in the old roller skating rink where Atari started and my drafting table was right near Nolan’s office. Nolan was obviously the boss and one day he was spitballing ideas out loud for a pizza restaurant with animatronics where parents could have pizza and enjoy some time alone with the animatronic entertainment while their kids played games in the arcade, so after hearing his ideas, I came up with this drawing and showed it to him as kind of a concept of the theme. Also, he used to walk the floor after everyone had left the building and take my drawings on occasion, so I thought I would just draw him something he might like for an idea of what I thought Chuck E Cheese sounded like based on Nolan’s vision that day not long after I started in the '76”.